Visit the University of Idaho
Experience the most beautiful school in Idaho (MSN), and learn about life as Vandal with a campus visit!
Choose your own adventure — explore with a campus tour or virtually from the comfort of your home. Select from options that fit into your schedule: a daily visit (offered weekdays and select Saturdays), a specialty event (like Envision), one of our college or program events or a virtual visit that you can take at your own pace.
Types of Visits
Daily Campus Tours
Schedule a campus visit to experience all the University of Idaho has to offer! We’ll give you a campus tour, answer any questions, give you a chance to explore campus life and talk about next steps.
Schedule your campus visit today!
College or Program Visits
Learn about the University of Idaho through the lens of an academic college or university program. Join one of these college or program events to get a deep dive into one of your passions.
Explore upcoming college visits today!
Connect with U of I's College of Graduate Studies and schedule a personal visit to explore your area of interest.
Schedule a graduate school visit today!
Bring your high school chemistry club, track team or other group for a campus visit. A U of I group visit will show you campus life, academic program options, our Student Recreation Center and more!
Schedule a group visit today!
Can't make it to campus today? Start exploring campus now with a virtual campus tour.
Explore campus now!
Resources to Plan Your Campus Visit
Interact and engage with the Vandal family through our virtual resources. Tour our facilities from home or schedule a virtual session with your admissions counselor.
Sign up and see U of I at one of our specialty admissions events
Hispanic/Latino high school seniors and their families are invited to come learn what U of I has to offer in their area.
COVID-19 Safety Protocols
As you prepare to join us on campus, we ask that you join us in our Healthy Vandal Pledge to protect yourself and others.
We ask that you:
- Stay home if you are sick.
- Put at least six feet between yourself and others.
If you are currently experiencing a cough, fever, shortness of breath or have any symptoms of illness or you have been in contact with someone confirmed or suspected as having COVID-19 in the last 14 days we ask that you stay home per CDC Guidelines.
If you arrive in Moscow and are not feeling well or have any of the symptoms listed above, we ask that you do not attend your daily tour.
Thank you for joining us in keeping our Vandal Family healthy!
Why Schedule a Campus Visit?
You’re making an important decision. You’ve browsed our website, reviewed brochures and done your research. Still, getting a feel for campus can help you make your final choice. Take in the culture and our Moscow location, experience life in the dorms and dining halls, and see where you’ll be learning. Begin to see yourself at U of I with a campus visit.
Confirm your initial impression. If research grabs your attention, a campus visit goes beyond. Determine if you feel at home as a Vandal and if a particular program of study is right for you. Use your visit or campus tour to meet professors and other students, narrow down your list of majors and make a definite decision once you receive your acceptance letter in the spring.
Make the Most of Your Campus Visit
You’ve heard this advice before — don’t just look at buildings. Instead, keep the following in mind whether you’re attending an event, campus tour or a virtual session:
- When to schedule your visit: Check out our Moscow campus as students attend class, engage in research and go about their day-to-day lives as Vandals. Ideally, attend a tour before submitting your application, preferably in the spring of your junior year or early fall of your senior year.
- Be ready to ask questions: Make a list ahead of time to ask your tour guide, admissions counselor and students you see around campus.
- Consider multiple campus visits: Start virtually to get a feel for our campus. Then, to get a more personal perspective, consider attending an on-campus visit. Here, opt for a student-guided campus tour, and schedule in visits with schools or departments for programs you’re curious about.
- Take notes: What makes U of I unique? How does being a Vandal resonate with you? Document your visit with notes and photos to reference later.
- Prepare ahead of time: Avoid attending a campus visit on a whim. Instead, schedule your visit in advance, make plans for a college or program visit, explore our virtual resources, review a map to understand the layout of our campus and make travel arrangements. Additionally, continue your research to ask questions, and review all COVID-19 safety protocols so you’re not caught off guard.
Have Questions About Visiting the University of Idaho?
Bring them to our Campus Visits Office! Reach out by email or by phone at 208-885-6163 today to learn more.